Tuesday 24 April 2007

.. And I'm Feeling Good ...

Another day, another warm spring morning and I am feeling really good. It is 8.30 am and I have the whole day ahead of me.

I need to do some housework - cleaning, vacuuming, washing, ironing etc - but I hope to get that finished pretty quickly and then the day is mine. No plans, maybe go for a walk and take some photos or maybe finish up another page.

I completed my "Hands" page yesterday and while it is not perfect and there are a couple of tiny errors and even a couple of things that I wish I had done differently, I am happy with the overall result. The idea came to me as soon as I read Kirsty Wiseman's blog and she announced a competition about using your hand prints to make a layout - something personal to you. I immediately heard the Otis Redding song, "These Arms of Mine" in my head and knew that that was what I wanted to do - just needed to change the words. Ralph was away on business and although I was not lonely, I really missed him already and the words just seemed poignant. And so the layout was formed in my head. It has just taken me a while to get around to it. Rather than painting my hands, I used embossing ink and then red/gold embossing powder, added some swirly lines for my journaling and a few bits of bling. Simple but effective and I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...