Wednesday 16 March 2011

What a Cool Yule! Jingle Belles #11

Another week has gone by and can you believe that it's really heading towards April already? The weeks are flying so quickly, it's hard to keep up. 


I really ought to do the Jingle Belle challenges as soon as they come out rather than leaving it to the last day because this way, I lose track of the days and then I have to do a bit of a rush at the end! 


The story of the life of a procrastinator! 


This week's prompt is a colour scheme suggested by Jingle Belle Leslie, (The Crooked Stamper). It's a gorgeous non-traditional color palette based on this gorgeous inspiration photo from The Lettered Cottage.


When I looked through my Christmas stash, I came across some really old (at least three or four Christmases!) MME papers featuring exactly these colours. I love the combination of browns, blues and whites (or creams) and had fallen in love with this paper when I had first seen it and had to have it (another story of my life!). I adore the papers, really really love them but had never used them (yet another story!) and so this was the time to get them out and make the first cut.


I am trying to keep the cards simple each week. I don't spend a lot of time on them compared to the hours and hours I put into each scrap layout and I don't think I have the necessary patience to create more anything more complex. I have a standard size that I'm making each card and the central tag seems to be a common design! I'm learning what works for me and picking up some tips from the others in the challenge. I'm enjoying  the process more than I have in the past and now feel quite motivated to get on with some more cards.

Does anyone out there have any design tips for me with regard to Easter cards???

12 comments:

  1. Lisa, your card is just gorgeous. I love your paper choice and the flower is so pretty. I think if it's not broke don't fix it, your cards are great so does it matter if the tags always in the middle so are mine,lol.
    Why not look on the web for some free easter vintage images and go down the shabby chic or vintage look.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - I love that color scheme and in fact, it is close to what we are doing with our little spiff in the family room. Can't wait to see next weeks JB challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW..I love it! You rocked the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad those neglected holiday papers finally got to shine front & center on this beautiful holiday card ... thanks so much for joining our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! The perfect paper, and I love all the details you've added. Nice!!!

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oof--i think this must be the only MME xmas set i never bought...and i think i need to try to find some, now! :)

    your card is, as usual miss lisa, ♥DIVINE♥ and beautiful; a wonderful combination of elements as well as a great take on leslie's fab palette. btw, i do not think you need design tips from anyone, EVER; and i always look forward to seeing what you'll do next...in LO's or in cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lisa this is beautiful and i love the tag :) yea you for using old paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!!!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:16 am

    Beautiful! I love, love, love that tag! Great layout, too, so I can see why you'd use it again and again - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful card Lisa. Love the paper you have used

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on this card been in the Top 3, very well deserved, it's gorgeous. I think it has my name on it for Christmas,lol.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:08 pm

    you cards are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...