Saturday 29 October 2011

Digging deep

I am busy with LOAD and have really been making the most of my Counterfeit Kit Challenge kits. At the beginning of the month, I had leftovers from August (Balmy August) and September (Departing Summer) and my new October kits (Fall in Love and Schrecklich). I'm honestly not sure if I could have kept going day after day without these kits for those days when I didn't want to scour all my papers and just grabbing a ready-made kit has been a lifesaver. 13 counterfeit layouts so far this month in fact ;-)

And here is another one from Fall in Love.

The LOAD prompt was to go for the close up. I decided not only to use a close up photo but also accentuate that with a frame and look into the story in a bit more detail.

Layout #5 from Fall In Love

I've mentioned before that I have lots of random photos that I just take because I like the subject. Then I print it and look at it and wonder why. But there's often something to say about these types of photos. Maybe they sum up a feeling or a mood or they are representative of something. In this case, I looked at these acorns and suddenly remembered playing in the park as a child. Way back when. That was the story.

That's the reason for the page and the reason I scrap.


Love moments like that!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:53 pm

    I remember fairy cups too - I love the way your photo triggered an old story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!!! And yes...that IS the reason I scrap too.

    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. To answer your question about the lace paper and what it is...I cut it out of cardstock with my Silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo! I have lots of photos like that, and I never scrap them ... maybe I ought to start!!! Glad you are being so productive on LOAD!!!!! Beautiful page! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It triggered the memory for me too. This is a beautiful design to use for lots of journalling, and it has such a nice fairy feel to it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking what Sian said about the design - it is gorgeous and the colours are so soft and draw your eye immediately to the photo. I need to take more photos like this... for some reason I always thing my photos need to be of something specific... you have given me a very good reason to think more about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layering-love that frame,too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice contrast between the neutral close-up photo and the mix of colored paper and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great photo and a lovely story to go along with it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...