Tuesday 24 April 2012

Counterfeiting and catching up

This post was originally scheduled to post automatically but Blogger seems to be having a teenage hissy fit and nothing is posting. Anyway, anyone else having this problem? 




You might think I've been a bit quiet on the scrapbooking front recently and that my Counterfeit kits have been sorely neglected. Not so! There's been a whole lot of scrapping going on behind the scenes that I hope to be able to share with you soon.

In the meantime, I'd like to show you two layouts I created for Whimsical Musings but haven't shared here yet.

The first layout features last month's Counterfeit kit, Soothe and is the 6th layout I got from the kit. (Now up to #7) This was for the WM prompt about scrapping a relationship not yet recorded and is about my wonderful Philippine friend Alice. She was my best friend while I lived in Manila and we were both delighted to have the chance to meet up here in Germany when she took a detour over here during a European tour. It was so wonderful to see her and her husband again after 14 years and we took up right where we left off! There's quite a lot of symbolism here as I incorporated the colours of the Philippine flag (gold, white, blue and red) and there are also a few knots to represent our friendship. I created the main part of the layout and journaled before realising there was more I wanted to say, so I just created another 6x12 sheet for more words. Perfect.






And this is just a fun layout for the WM prompt I gave to be inspired by a few of my favourite Easter table photos, the photo on this layout being one of them.

I just decided to play with the wonderful colours I've put into this month's Blossom kit and make it cutesy and playful. This is layout #3 so far with at least three or four more in there I think.





More to share another day ;-)

11 comments:

  1. Cute layouts. I like the chevron on the first one and the bright colors on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty pages Lisa. I really like the handstitching and no one twines and knots quite like you. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stitching with the chevron on the first layout. Very clever! And the second one is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you added the 6*12 piece for more journaling! I think it's important to get the whole story down! Great LO's...all of them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liberty Chance1:07 pm

    two lovely layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have amazing style ... Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both layouts are really quite super dooper!! Love the stitching and chevrons on the kraft layout (don't you just love kraft, every colour looks perfect with it!) and the scattering of ink, buttons and pearls is delightful, as are those gorgeous papers from this month's kit *sigh* :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! And those thickets seem to be made for the word bunny and to then be placed next to a wooden bunny......so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab chevrons - love the stitching to give them extra emphasis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very cool chevron paper and stitching - haven't seen that done yet. And I adore the bright and colorful bunny page! Terrific layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's some beautiful detailing on these layouts. Each so different, but lovely in their own way.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...