Sunday 1 April 2012

Things I loved .... March 2012

Another month flies by and I'm on time this time to join in on Deb's "Things I loved..." series.

March was a great month here with spring bursting through, warm weather, celebrations and a surprise visitor. What happened where you are?

I've learnt to enjoy daffodils from a distance due to allergy but I still love them. There was evidence in the city that spring was here and everyone was ready to get into the spirit of the season...



There was a lot of scrapping and I kept on with the messy twine and thread! I love this look...



There was a photo a day prompt challenge that I followed with Pam. We had such fun each day seeing how each of us interpreted the ideas and exchanging advice and encouragement and comments. This one from the prompt "sunglasses" is one of my favourites


As is my name collage - I've been wanting to make one of these for ages so I was thrilled to be given the push to do it...


And through the prompts, I found myself paying more attention and even parking on the side of the road to go out of my way to take a shot...


My brother-in-law opened his own coffee roasting business...


And there was a family wedding to which I got to wore my pretty coat suit and shoes - one of my favourite items in my wardrobe...



And then there were memories of the Philippines brought up due to a surprise visit by my very best Filipino friend. We chatted and laughed for two days non-stop about those days and the time since...



I took her to Cologne where we were treated to a gorgeously sunny day and it was so delightful for me to see her right here in my adopted home country...



And last but not least, I worked hard to turn my winter weary balcony into our spring outside living room ...





With Easter at the end of this week and a planned quick dash "home" to say hello to family, as well as lots of scrappy deadlines and a few family birthdays, April looks to be a busy month. :-)

7 comments:

  1. Such an enjoyable set of photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great month you had, fabulous photo's and I love your balcony.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good month, fabulous suit and fabulous balcony. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely round up of the month (though I'm sad about the daffodil allergy) - the coat suit looks gorgeous (as do your legs) - have a wonderful Easter :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa these photos are amazing! I love seeing a glimpse of your life - always so many interesting things to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liberty1:22 pm

    lovely photos and busy month! would love to see the wedding photos :_)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...