Monday 10 June 2013

At last - a moment of quiet to share my news...

I am thrilled to be able to announce that I've been asked to join the Design Team of my *favourite* on-line - as well as bricks and mortar shop - Scrapabilly!



Sylvia has a gorgeous array of scrummy scrapbooking products and is just a delightful person! She is a rock 'n' roll fan, hence the funky shop name and I find myself dancing all round the shop while I'm there as she plays all that great rockabilly music. Can't resist! It's a great match for me I'm excited and honoured to be asked to be part of the team.

Please make sure you pop over to the shop and / or the blog and say hello! I will be featuring on the blog from time to time and in the inspiration gallery among her other, very talented designers who I'm looking forward to getting to know.

This month's kit uses a paper line that looks like it was designed just for Sylvia - "Market Square & Barber Shop Emporium" by a new company (to me) Farm House Paper Company. There's a whole lot of funky 50s inspired papers which are accompanied by a scattering of fun clock, film and bag embellies as well as a couple of sticker sheets, a large shipping tag, string, brads and of a really gorgeous set of Thickers (maybe my new fave!).

Scrapabilly June 2013 kit

I shared a card I made with the kit last week in Wednesday Wonderland #17 and here are 2 of the layouts I've made:

I really wanted to do a layout about an American Diner but didn't have any photos :-(  However our time at the Cavorting Chicken as we liked to call it was a good runner-up. The most perfect Canadian breakfast of pancakes or french toast with crispy bacon smothered with maple syrup kept us going all day


The only thing I added to the kit here (apart from the mists) is the small red and cream Mini Market letter stickers from October Afternoon - you can find them in the shop here


I loved the small white paper bag included in the kit and decided to use it to keep my journalling visible but hidden. I so love this technique - not so hidden that no one knows it's there but still private enough to allow me to write a few personal lines without it being too public. 

It's a while since I've done any fussy cutting and the butterflies just seemed to fit the pretty flowers

I heat embossed my tag and then misted it with lots of colour to really add some texture to my tag. I added the twine to the kit for this and you can find it here in the shop


 Such a versatile kit that really seemed to step up to the mark of whatever type of layout I decided to make.

Please stop by tomorrow and check out the other two layouts I made with the kit (and I still have lots of paper left so I'm sure to be making a few more as time goes on).

8 comments:

  1. You'll be an asset to her! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lisa - I hope you enjoy your work on her team - she is lucky to have you. And I've had my eye on Farmhouse Paper for several months now - they have some fabulous stuff - as you've shown us here with these lovely pages. Again - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Lisa! What a wonderful opportunity for you. Leslie and I oooooo-ed and ahhhh-ed over the Farmhouse Paper goodness when we met at the scrapbook show in Michigan. I'll have to check out your shop with the oh-so cute name. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay to you! So cool that there is an actual real shop to go to! Can't wait to see what else you come up with! (exclamation overload, Mrs Evers wouldn't like that!!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Willkommen im Team! :) Der Einstand ist Dir ja schon mal super gelungen *daumenhoch* Dein Scrapstil ist eine wirkliche Bereicherung für das Designteam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Herzlich Willkommen im Team :-D
    Ein schöner Einstand :-D
    LG Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant page and many congratulations! Delighted for you :).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...