Sunday 15 June 2014

14 loves {June 2014}

Welcome to the next in the series {14 loves} for 2014 based on the original concept by my beloved friend, Pam, back in January 2013. I enjoyed sharing my loves so much through the year that I decided I needed to continue through 2014. I hope you will come back each month to see if there is anything in my list to inspire you. You can find previous posts  {here}

I missed a month. And I'm late today in getting my post up but let's see if I can find 14 things that have made me happy over the last two months. There's been a lot going on in the background with a new/old job, a quick trip back home to the UK, lots of scrapping and stuff to keep me busy.

I hope there's something in here to inspire you or maybe just make you smile.

one

When I was home, I got to spend two days with my baby sister and her little family. It was so nice to catch up with her, her partner and of course, their little bird. 




two

Then it was over to my other baby sister's to see #1 nephew to be amazed at how grown up he is...






three

... niece #1 who is adorably sweet even if she is beginning to show teenage tendencies...




four

... and niece #2 who made sure I caught up on my cuddles and kisses to keep me going until we see them again in September





five

There was also an opportunity to drop in on my 92 year old grandmother. And while "fit as a fiddle" might be an over-statement (!), she is amazing and it was lovely to see her so well.


Of course, I also spent time with camera shy mum and #1 brother and all in all, it was wonderful to see everyone and share as well as catch up on the news. I even managed to get over to see my best friend from school - we don't do that often enough. She is a genius cake maker and impressed me once again with her skills. 

six

As mentioned above, I started back at my old job and found myself in familiar surroundings. It was great to see that nothing has changed at one of my favourite Essen landmarks - the RWE Tower 



seven

A month of LOAD was completed with a total of 34 pages and many nostalgic older stories told, and 6 Counterfeit kits killed!






eight

You might have noticed that I'm always on the lookout for the perfect nail varnish which is ironic as I have the worst nails and don't often wear nail varnish! This Essie - Good as Gold - looks gorgeous for the summer. On my list...




nine

Still reliving my NYC experience even if I haven't even started scrapping it yet. (Photos locked on a dead computer and limited editing/printing possibilities right now)





ten

Super cute flair buttons perfect for cards and layouts when I want to add a little local something! Love the colours of this small selection I picked out for myself from the Scrapabilly exclusives.



eleven


Good weather and lots of Bank Holidays means evenings sitting outside with the BBQ grilling in the background. Home-made burgers proved simply delicious.



twelve

I'm sure I've posted a similar love to this before, but I LOVE that I have the best barman in the world living with me. Without a shadow of a doubt, the BEST Cosmopolitan I've tasted is created right here.






thirteen

Yes please.





fourteen


I have been excitedly waiting for the arrival of the We R Memory Keepers GOLD albums to arrive at Scrapabilly. So imagine my delight to receive this simply gorgeous specimen as a gift. I was grinning from ear to ear all evening!






Id love you to share your own {14 loves} lists with me. Why not link up in the comments below?


3 comments:

  1. I always look forward to your “14 Loves” posts Lisa and this one doesn’t disappoint.
    Adorable :)
    I see a family resemblance
    those teenage tendencies that we all had when we always one better!?
    So sweet, looks like you had a lovely time :)
    She does not look 92, wow, amazing!
    Hope you’re enjoying being back
    Well done on completing LOAD in style. I WILL complete the next one (or maybe not!)
    Nice! You could always send it to me!
    Hope you get the computer fixed soon!
    You need a badge maker, you can make whatever you like then!
    Love the nice weather too, however the beers and ice creams consumed when the weather is fine don’t do my waistline a lot of good!
    I might have to drop in on the bar sometime ;)
    So cute - love it :)
    So you’re finally going to put those precious layouts in an album? I think you may need a few more!

    Take care Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gold nail polish and gold albums, I am thinking you are on to something there. When I saw this post, I was reminded that I might have missed May's. Glad you were busy in good ways then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Xxxx Lisa. Seems the return to the old job was necessary?? Hope you are not just enduring but living, my friend!!!!! Heidi

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...