Monday 16 March 2015

Scrapabilly February shares (part 1)

What with one thing (which might have had something to do with daily scrapping a la LOAD!) and another (which might have had something to do with a fantastic trip abroad - did I mention I went to NYC?!?!?!), February came and went without me sharing my Scrapabilly kit shares made with the incredibly, wonderfully gorgeous Dear Lizzy Serendipity collection. I totally fell head over heels with the products, colours and designs found within the kit and the pages practically made themselves!

Here's the kit, and you can find them at the Scrapabilly shop here:


Be still my beating heart! There's pinks and navys and golds and foil and sparkle as well as pretty alphabets, shimmery word stickers, funky stickers, flair, ribbon and chips as well as, of course, constellation paper (one or two extra sheets, uh hum, might have found their way into my stash!). A stunning kit for sure.

Today, I'd like to share two layouts and then there's another four to be posted later in the week - they all "match" theme-wise which is why I've put them together.

First up is just a playing-with-pretty-paper type of page featuring a gorgeous photo of my baby sister and her baby! I borrowed a Stamping' Up bow punch for those aqua bows on the page and totally loved them which makes me think that I might splash out on that when I'm next invited to a Stamping' Up party. I can see much use out of it with my way of scrapping and the bows are nice and small too which makes a difference.

On this layout I added in a small amount of twine, a few gold dots and some mist to the kit. 





And this layout was another one made during LOAD but not quite on prompt. Something about the prompts though got me looking through older photos and I was thrilled to discover this one in a batch I'd scanned when I was home (UK) last year.

In the end, I only used the pretty jar paper to fussy cut the individual jars to use as embellishments but they looked so pretty like this!

Again, I added in some twine, mist and gold dots, and also two shipping tags to tuck away my private journalling. The washi top and bottom is also additional to the kit but I thought the colours went well and the little hearts supported the rest of the theme.

One of the things I especially loved about this kit was the combination of pinks, aquas and navy. I've always loved navy and I personally think it goes with almost everything! I used the bluer tones of the papers to make sure this page didn't get too girly!





The Scrapabilly gallery with all the work by the DT can be found here - well worth a look as we all have very different styles and I always think it's interesting which paper designs appeal to each of us!

What do you think about navy? Right on trend or not right for you? You can bet that you'll be seeing more navy from me in the months to come so it'd be interesting to find out what you think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...