Saturday 24 October 2015

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge October Member's Blog Hop

It's a small blog hop this month. But that's no reason not to join in and keep hopping through for fun and inspiration. I'm heading up the hop so make sure you go on over to Tina after you're done here and keep on going from there. Full list at the end.

We were given these challenging challenges:
  • Challenge #1: YOUR NEXT MOVE: Do a project sharing what your next move in life is.  What is a goal?  What is a dream?  What would you like to do if you could?
  • Challenge #2: 3-D Project.  Let's all get out of our comfort zones.  No cards, layouts or mini albums.  
  • Challenge #3: One Thing: You may use paper, photos and only ONE other thing on your project (like mist or stamping or one type of embellishment).
I went with a take on Challenge #1 and made a page about, surprise surprise, me!

As it's coming to the end of the year, I've already starting considering what changes need to be made, what can continue, what I need to stop and what path I'd like 2016 to take me. This includes thinking about what my word for the year will be. I'm still pondering that one but I do know what direction I want that word to be and where I'd like it to impact my life. I just need to pin it down a little more before I share.

This is layout #5 using my October Counterfeit kit, Woodland which has proved a lovely, soft, easy-to-use kit. I think it must have been smaller than usual, because I'm really down to scraps! I haven't had that for months and months. But that made me get creative with small pieces of paper and lots of layering.


A few little items that are a little symbolic for me. And of course, a smattering of gold.


I added sequins into my supplies because my layout needed a little something.


Several of these mini strips are the manufacturing strips off my patterned papers.


Thanks for dropping by and here's the full list. Do let me know you were here!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely page, I always enjoy seeing pages where the scrapbooker is contemplating their lives. This layout "looks like you" in ways other than the picture. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink and orange! And cluster! The staples are a great touch too. Very pretty photo. All together, a beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely! That embellishment cluster with the leaves surrounded by the stapled twine immediately caught my eye and I love the daintiness of the doily and the sequins too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful layout and a fantastic take on that challenge :) I love the overall look of the layout and the sequins do add a nice touch to the layout. Those strips from the manufactures are just great additions to layouts nowadays so glad to see how you worked them in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cluster of leaves and the gold sequins add a beautiful touch.I also like the pop of orange behind your title. Pretty page :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it rewarding to get to the end of the scraps? Pretty layout. Sweet selfie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've really enjoyed your writing and your pretty page - love those natural items on it, and the fact that you've chosen things which are meaningful to you. My word of the year for 2016 is gently forming too - I find that there is something about autumn which seems to jump-start this process. I've even toyed with starting my year in October! Must be a good feeling to be using up those scraps, though they don't look at all scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - some of your pages are almost like a diary of reflections - do you ever look back at "this page from last year"?
    Love your clusters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first I thought this was going to be about your love for fall. I thought the doily looked like an owl peeking from behind that lovely cluster (is that a Lynnette birch heart?) plus your sparkly-eyed selfie. Are you any closer to settling on your OLW?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...