Tuesday 2 February 2016

Scrapabilly February kit shares (part 1)

February marks the 100th kitiversary of the monthly Scrapabilly kit which I've been lucky enough to create with for the last 2 1/2 years! 

To mark this momentous occasion, Sylvia has shaken things up and now there is not one but THREE kits available each month to choose from - if you can!

There will be a "Kit des Monats" which is a little smaller than previous monthly kits - no cardstock and a couple less sheets of paper but still the same amount of alphas, extras and inspiration! Then there will be the "SchnickSchnackSack" which is an embellishment kit! And last but not least, the planners out there will be delighted to hear that there will also be a "PrettyPlannerPack"!

This month's debut kits can be seen below and they are ALL gorgeous - I already have my name down for a SchnickSchnackSack (how could I resist!) and am looking forward to all the inspiration the planner girls will give me in anticipation of a planner later in the year.

Find the Kit des Monats here

Find the PrettyPlannerPack here

Find the SchnickSchnackSack here


The monthly kit features Photo Play "Like A Girl" papers and coordinating stickers. There's a pack of one of my favourite Thickers fonts, a sheet of Memorandum washi tape by Pink Paislee, tags, enamel pearls and an exclusive Scrapabilly Schriftbild flair button. Oh man! I love it.

So here are my first two layouts. I tried, ever so hard, not to really go down the feminine, little girl route but the papers were just too gorgeous not to. So my nieces figure quite prominently. But with such wonderfully, pretty girls how could I have resisted? 

This first one is a photo my youngest sister sent me of her two girls. It reminded me of when my own sister was brand new and I was just 7 years old - and of all the love I felt for her. I captured a few thoughts on this topic and felt that the pocket page cards and stickers were the perfect accessories for this.


It was hard to choose a-side or b-side papers sometimes so I often used both! I love the splash of black this chevron offered to the photo layer.


There were so many stickers to choose from on the sheet - they seemed to work well together or as a stand alone.


That "#love this" is a little strip of washi that I loved using. There were so many options to just add a little something here and there - my kind of embellishing.



And here's one of my other nieces with her brand new cousin. We were all so excited to meet her and she was no exception! I love that calm look on her face and those deep soulful eyes - again!

I couldn't resist doing what I consider to be "a Shimelle" and making a spotty border round my white cardstock. Of course, I stole the middle so that I could maximise the amount of the lovely confetti paper I could use.



I added a few tiny gold letters for the date - you can find them in the Scrapabilly shop here.





I'll be back later in the week with a couple more layouts to share but in the meantime, you can go over to Scrapabilly's gallery (here) and see what the whole 16 person team created with these fabulous new kits. It's inspiration overload over there!

And don't forget to check out the kits here.

4 comments:

  1. This is a stunning kit, and I love the pages that you've made with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das sind zwei wirklich wunderschöne Layouts! Ich finde diese Papierserie auch total klasse und kann verstehen, dass du überlegen musst, welche Seite du benutzt. Wenn ich mich nicht entscheiden kann, dann bestelle ich mir meistens noch eine zweite Seite dazu. ;-)
    Ich bin sehr gespannt, was du noch für schöne Sachen hier zeigen wirst.
    Liebe Grüße von
    Stine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages, Lisa. That first was is really a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo on your first layout is a treasure, and I agree that the black and white paper just adds a little extra something to the pretty layout. Your second page has a fun and celebratory feel, perfect for meeting a new cousin.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...