Monday 4 July 2016

July at Scrapabilly #1

The July Scrapabilly Kit des Monats is a stunner featuring Beach Day papers and elements by Carta Bella.


Bright, sunshine filled papers perfect for beach, holiday, garden or even cocktail layouts (see my Whimsical Musings post here) with matching embellishments for adding a little extra to your page. 



There's even a cute matching pineapple washi tape which I decided that I had to have as an add on for the kit,


as well as the collection enamel dots,


and the pack of die-cuts - ideal for layering up or as a journalling spot.


The kit and the full Beach Day range can be found in the Scrapabilly shop here.

As soon as I saw that pineapple design paper and all the tropical items, I knew I would make a layout or two about my time in the Philippines. I also knew that I wanted to use the Silhouette as much as possible. So I combined all three here on this page about our time in El Nido resort in Palaawan.


This page tells the story of our first evening on the island and being taken out on to the fairy-light-lit deck for an unforgettable evening under the stars. I don't have any photos of that first meal so I just used a few daytime shots to support the story I wanted to tell. In fact, I have very few photos of these few days so no doubt I've already used one or two of them already on other layouts!




I really enjoy getting a little dimension onto the page by just attaching a loopy title along the middle allowing either side to lift a little off the background.


This next layout was in fact the last layout I made with the kit and used up all the last scraps of paper in one of my go-to designs of a layered-up, four-way grid.


It was fun to find ways to include little items out of the die-cut pack and stickers to just add some playful elements. Apart from the kit and the extras I added in from the range itself, the only additional items I used were a little thread and some mist.





Head over to the Scrapabilly shop to grab your own kit and while you're there, you can find all the creations of the whole Design Team - including the Schick Schnack Sack and the Pretty Planner Pack teams - in the July gallery here.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pages. Great little row of pineapples on the first and such colorful layering on the second. I have a bit of this collection, can't wait to go and play myself.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...