Saturday 24 September 2016

Counterfeit Kit Challenge September member blog hop

I've been busy scrapping these last few days and am so happy to see you here today so that I can share with you.

You should have reached me from our wonderful follower Tina and if you've missed anyone along the way, I suggest you start at the beginning over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. We've got a new follower joining us today too - fellow Scrapabilly Design Team member Anne - so please make sure you head over there to say hello. The member blog hop is always such a great chance for us to connect with our followers and give some love for their gorgeous creations.

This month, the challenges over on the blog were:
Although as always, anything made with a Counterfeit Kit and not yet shared is game.

I got all excited and printed out four wonderful photos of my visit to the Kate Spade shop in NYC's Soho district and then realised that my Sundance kit wouldn't match my other NYC layouts. So now I have to make time to create that page another time.

But just to show you the gorgeous colours in that will inspire my page. This was a super challenge!


Instead, I switched direction and used this gorgeous sketch by Shimelle featured on this post for challenge #1.


I was also really inspired by the layout based on the sketch by Gina Rodgers. All those gorgeous layers and bits and pieces. So I sort of loosely worked my layout around the sketch and the layout.

I liked the three distinct areas to include photos, title and words. As mentioned above, I was very inspired by Gina Rodger's layout and went with lots of layers and just two photos, reserving the middle section for my journalling and title.


Couldn't resist using this sweet washi tape even though it didn't match the rest of the layout so well.




I dipped some more of my letters and this up-close photo shows the that bubbles in the paint didn't give them a good surface, but I like the result enough to be happy with them.


This is layout #3 from my kit so far. It's a bit kit so you can expect to see more of these shades appearing in layouts in the weeks to come. October is a LOAD month, so I'm hoping to work my way through one or two of the four kits I still have on my shelf.

Thanks for dropping by. Let me know you were here!

Here's the full list in case you've got lost along the way or missed any of today's hoppers.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:16 am

    Love all your soft colours and layers. That wash doesn't look out of place at all - you have black and white hearts paper so it fits perfectly.
    I have a similar issue with Kate Spade photos. I think my daughter's push chair may have been Kate Spade, but it was black with little and hot pink circles so just not right with this kit.
    P.S. alphas - gesso and hot embossing worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tolles Layout, cooles Layering. Nach dem Sketch habe ich auch eins angefangen, aber noch nicht fertig. Wenn die DT-Arbeiten vollendet sind, widme ich mich dem nochmal. Danke für deine netten Worte, hat mir viel Spaß gemacht diesen Monat. Mal gucken, ob ich es nächsten Monat nochmal schaffe...
    Viele Grüße, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is awesome.You've used your colours and trimmings to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally enchant me with your scrapping every time. From the gold bow clip to the loose threads, I love searching through all your details. Such lovely scrapping, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is lovely! I can definitely see the influence of the sketch but the page is completely "you" as well. I think the washi looks great - the Felicity Jane kits have shown me that black & white accents really look great with any color scheme. I like the little veneer banner and your signature touches of thread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore all those layers and that washi fits perfectly!
    I think the 3rd cutie in the photo is pretty fab too!
    So much to look at - adorable as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I love everything of this fabulous layout! The washi tape is great. And definitely love your forged alpha letters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I love all the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeously pretty page. You took that sketch and everything it contains and made it look light and airy and very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty - there's a lovely gentle look to your page and lots of stylish embellishments to admire. I'm liking these dipped letters too. And the washi tale looks great in black and white.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...