Sunday 16 October 2016

16 loves {September 2016}

Welcome to the next in the series {16 loves} for 2016.

For the last few years, I've been sharing my loves each month - a little bit of everything that has caught my eye or been enjoyed over the last month. So, a new year and new inspiration. I hope you will come back each month to see if there is anything in my list to inspire you. 

To see what's inspired me in the past, click to find all my {13 loves}, my {14 loves}, my {15 loves} and my {16 loves}.

I hope there's something in here to inspire you or maybe just make you smile.


So, so, so late but here you are! One today, another tomorrow. 



one

One of my favourite layouts of recent months using my Counterfeit Kit Challenge September kit, Alpine for the "Happy Sandcastle Day" prompt over at the CKC blog.

two

We had the Chances over to visit us at the end of August and it was so much fun. I took them to Cologne which I was amazed to find we'd never done before. I organised a love lock for them to add to the infamous Hohenzollern railway bridge as a reminder of a happy day spent with my much loved family. 


three

One of the last roses of summer. A gift from my MIL and such a beautiful scent. 


four

I just had to get a bunch of the Shimelle collection, Go Now Go. Such a great collection and easy to use. I'm particularly taken with the fact that Shimelle's collections really are somewhat different from everything else out there as the scrapbook industry seems to be moving all in the same direction.

American Crafts Shimelle Go Now Go reveal

five

I'd love to work this colour scheme into my home. I have a couple of copper items already and a very neutral overall look so maybe I can work some of this in. I can feel a Whimsical Musings colour prompt coming on with this!

six

I have this cute calendar on my desk as a happy reminder of wonderfully generous, kind scrappy friend. The best kind of mint-green-washi type of friend (in-joke) - Coda Kathy!


seven

I celebrated my 10 year blogiversary and of course, made a layout to mark the event. 10 years is a long time in blogworld and I hope that I've improved content, writing and photography! The layout is in response to my Whimsical Musings prompt WM#229 inspired by using products by a manufacturer that no longer produces scrapbook products.

Original blog post

eight

I was given some mini tomato plants and didn't expect much after I planted them because I really don't have green fingers. I was therefore particularly delighted when they actually bore fruit and they were exceptionally delicious. 


nine

And along with tomatoes, we also had some fruit, including an apple tree which bore exactly one apple. Apparently, it was delicious which is a good thing as we had a long time caring for it and ensuring that the birds didn't get it before it was ready for R to pick!


ten

Of course, this apple then needed to be the star of a scrapbook page in response to a Whimsical Musings prompt - WM#228 be inspired by growing things. 
eleven

I spent an idyllic afternoon on the banks of the Ruhr river recently, giving a lesson to a charming young man. It was a perfect day in a beautiful setting. It really was a gorgeous September.


twelve

Something that is so valid these days and that has given me much cause to pause and think about my very own busy-ness. I'm always busy. Or maybe I'm not!

thirteen

My travels down south to the beautiful wine area of Germany have been so successful in discovering more about my wonderful adopted homeland. We ventured out to Bad Dürkheim for the infamous Wurstmarkt which is the largest wine festival in the world. We took a large g&t up to the top of the sky bar for a panoramic view across the festival. A perfect late summer evening.


fourteen

I ordered some stationery from the wonderful etsy shop Partridge & Bell (personalised pencils and notebook) as a birthday gift for my gorgeous sister. Shop owner Emily was delightful and offered the most incredible personal customer service. I couldn't thank her enough for her care and attention. 


fifteen

This collection of funky on-trend shelves. I'd like to find a way to incorporate one or two of these ideas in my own home. 

Found via Pinterest - ispydiy.com

sixteen

Yes, this says it all.




Ilove you to share your own {16 loves} lists with me. Why not link up in the comments below?


{16 loves} is a series that will feature on my blog each 16th of the month

2 comments:

  1. Love-ly picks, so many resonated with me this time around. We saw love locks on a bridge in Paris. I really like the idea of blush and copper together too - maybe on a scrapbook layout. And being busy with the right things is something that has been on a mind a lot since hubby retired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post :) I too love Shimelle's new collection and bought most of it :) Can't wait to see what you do with it :) I'm hoping to get mine out and play with it a bit next month after LOAD :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...