Saturday 6 May 2017

Counterfeit Kit Challenge May mini kit and layout

Another last minute make for me this month. These deadlines come up so quickly and are so unexpected (she said sarcastically at herself!). So please excuse the rather poor photos. But let's have a look at what I'd like to share with you today.

This is the inspiration kit from Gossamer Blue that we are using over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog this month. Look at those gorgeous colours and patterns. Find out more about the kit, the pocket page kit and also what our Guest Designer, Christy as well as our Master Forgers created at the CKC blog here.

Gossamer Blue main main kit

Here's my version. I made a page kit and I have to admit that I love it!


I really wanted to make a blue themed kit as that is what had drawn me in from the start. I also loved that the inspiration kit had some gorgeous puffy stickers and lots of wonderful Shimelle products. 

So that's where I started. In fact, I picked out the Pinkfresh Studio puffy stickers first and then added in a sheet of matching vellum and a sheet of 6x6 paper from the same range. Then I went through my Shimelle papers and decided that I needed to use this gorgeous navy blue cloud paper and a cut apart sheet which also had some blue toned elements. Then the copper Thickers from Pinkfresh, the Shimelle clips and some enamel dots seemed the perfect finishing touch. And there you have it. A really, really tiny kit (for me!).



At this point in the evening - rather night - it was already really late but I battled on and decided to make a very simple page featuring my niece's delightful curls. The richer tones in the photos seemed perfect for the copper Thickers and I was rather chuffed with myself for making a very girlie page with not a single drop of pink. But all those blues and greys worked so well, that I just went for it.


Not only am I in love with those curls but I am head over heels with these puffy stickers. To quote my other niece from a family anecdote that has since gone down in family history... "I need MORE"!




This is also a LOAD517 page. Yes, it's that time of the year again too!

Thanks for dropping by and don't forget that we have more inspiration over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog coming up on the 12th and 18th when we present our challenges.

AND there's a little giveaway on our Facebook page to celebrate hitting 1,000 Likes! Go us. Head over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook page to find out how to be entered into a draw to win a counterfeit mini kit based on this month's inspiration kit.

Go on! You know you want to...
SaveSaveSaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Cute kit and great page. I love those puffy stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I can't believe that you make such amazing kits and layouts at the last minute - and when you must be tired. Amazing! x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...