Saturday 1 July 2017

Counterfeit Kit Challenge July kit reveal blog hop

Can you believe that it's July already? It's shocking but true so here we are with another Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit reveal for the 1st of the month. 

You can find the full hop at the end of the post and hopefully you came here from Lynnette's amazing reveal but then again, I'm a last minute entry to the hop because I'm actually on mini-kit duty this month and not full kit! Last Minute Lisa panicked and pulled together a full kit - at the, yes, last minute! - only to realise that only a small kit was needed this month! But made is made so I decided to just go with it and join in on the hop - I'll still pull together a smaller kit for the 6th so make sure you come back then! 

Of course, we also have a wonderful Guest Designer too this month - Megan Blethen who can be found over at http://www.craftymeggy.com/. Thrilled to have her with us this month.

Master Forger Kelly picked out this month's inspiration kit for us this time around and we all loved the fresh colours and pretty patterns - all those gorgeous yellows, greens and blues. It's the Cocoa Daisy August 2016 kit, "Walden Pond". Find all the details here.

Cocoa Daisy, Walden Pond - Aug 2016

My kit turned out less blue and more pink - what a surprise! But the fresh colours and designs are there if you look hard! Here's Sugar (as in "Oh sugar! I made a mistake!")


I started off with the same sheet of Pinkfresh Studio paper from the original kit which gave me the bright white base.

Cocoa Daisy's kit has plenty of Paige Evans for Pink Paislee and so I added in some of her papers from this year's collection - the flowers, the ombré (instead of the red design with circles) and the water colour stripes (for the blotchy patterned one).

I used a Crate Paper circle design and then two green papers with stripes to take the place of the blue/green stripe and the hatch style pattern. An older Pink Paislee yellow - which I've had a couple of sheets of and love - stands in for the darker yellow sheet as well as the diagonal stripe. Then I added in a couple of extra sheets of Webster's Pages sequins and Amy Tangerine's stars just to reinforce the circles and the blue/green combination that appear in the original selection.

Just for fun, I included a Crate Paper sheet of vellum. I'm already in love with the mix of papers and hope for good things!




I was able to match the original kit with some Paige Evans tags that I had left over from that original collection and the Pinkfresh Studio die cuts. I fished out a large shipping tag in yellow and added in a couple of lengths of pretty twine.


I was surprised to see that the Cocoa Daisy kit had quite a lot of buttons - something I hardly ever use in my kits or on my pages. So I fished out my pot of buttons and sorted out a large selection of sizes and colours which seemed to match. Let's see how many I use.

My eye fell on a small bag full of some random bits of ribbon and twine which looked interesting so I threw that in too, just for good measure.


A Pinkfresh Studio alphabet and some word stickers were also added but I forgot some smaller alphabets so I will add those in as I need them.


I have another idea or two of what needs to go into this kit so I will see how that works and if I can, I'll share later. After all, this is a kit that normally wouldn't have been made!

All in all, for a kit that wasn't planned, I'm quite happy with it!

Here's the full hop list in case you get lost along the way.

Don't forget to share your kits and creations with us and keep checking in to see those mini kit and the challenges throughout the month.


7 comments:

  1. less blue but so love the focus on the greens and the yellows :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great kit! I love the button selection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute kit and love that name too :) I was surprised to see the buttons in the kit too and I say your pink came from all those buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kinda struggling with the papers this month. Struggling as in: I am not sure I have stuff to go with it. I will likely just counterfeit the colors rather than the patterns unless I come across some papers that I've forgotten I have. And that's entirely likely (the forgotten that I have part, that is).

    Your kit is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect, although I forgot to add you to my hop list 😜

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paper choices are lovely but I think my favorite part of your kit is that pretty mix of tags. I never use my buttons either and I'm not sure why because I love using other circular items on my projects. Maybe it's an out of sight, out of mind thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty kit - I am gaga over all the buttons. I just love buttons.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...